To improve the living situation of marginalized and vulnerable people through introducing sustainable agriculture, cooperative development, enterprise development and the creation of additional income and employment opportunities.
July 2018 to June 2021
Jhapa, Dhanusa, Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Dhading, Chitwan; Nawalpur, Kaski,Lamjung; Dang, Pyuthan, Banke, Bardiya, Palpa, Surkhet, Dailekh, Jajjarkot; Kailali, Kanchanpur, Baitadi
37941 direct participants, among them 24,908 are female
Caritas Australia, Australian Aid
The Situation (Background)
NLRP is a program consisting of three ongoing individual projects, namely Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Cooperative Development and Enterprise Promotion Program (CDEPP) and Children and Youth Empowerment Program (CYEP). NLRP supports communities in the fight against poverty, promotes social and economic development through diversified livelihoods to achieve sustainable prosperity.
The project seeks to improve human, social, natural, financial and physical capacities. In the course of this, the following measures will be taken:
- Promotion of biological practices and control.
- Support for an efficient and effective use of local resources.
- Training of agricultural students for the IPM extension.
- Encouraging farmers, foreigners and students to visit the Agro-Eco Tourism Learning Centre and Homestay to learn about eco-friendly farming practices and technologies.
- Raising awareness about child policies and rights among the pupils by offering extracurricular activities in schools.
- Increasing safety at school so that children always feel safe and comfortable.
- Motivating children to get involved in school-based clubs in order to strengthen their team spirit. In this way, children of different castes, religions and faiths are brought together which increases the acceptance of students among themselves.
- Launching campaigns to reduce child marriage and drug use.
- Integrating adolescents into vocational training and financially supporting them so that they can start their own businesses.